Saturday, October 23, 2010

worn and weathered

I was doing a search for deck chairs this week and came upon the charming store Ici et La based in Sydney. No prices listed, but for sure they must charge a bundle for these gorgeous french antiques. Is it just me or does everything from down under seem incredibly executed and curated? There are so many Australian stores I'd like to shop in, magazines I'd like to subscribe to, and photographers/designers I'd like to work with. This antique shop is no exception. I'm especially digging the twin bed, would love to get that for my daughter's bedroom.












And speaking of great antiques, there is a great article in NY magazine this week profiling design firm Roman and Williams, the couple behind the NYC Ace Hotel and the Standard. The Ace Hotel has my favorite bathroom in the entire city, and also the best cup of coffee (which isn't found in the bathroom but upstairs at Stumptown Coffee in the lobby). Did you know that they got their start on film sets like Addicted to Love (pictured)?



No comments:

Post a Comment