Monday, August 2, 2010

Magazine Love

I have a small, ok HUGE obsession with magazines. I have multiple subscriptions, buy them on newsstands and am constantly searching for new or special limited editions when I’m traveling.

They are literally like books to me and I don’t throw many away. I probably have well over 500 in my current apartment and still have many years worth of Elle, Vogue, and Harper’s Bazaar from the early to late 90’s, lining closet floors at my parents house.

So, when I came upon both Christopher Coppers work and then the website Frombrazilwithlovestudio.com, I immediately feel in love with what they are doing with their old magazines.

Christopher Coppers creates artwork in forms of cut outs, folds or explosions made from magazine covers.



Frombrazilwithlovestudio.com, re-uses magazines and turns them into unique collage art.




It probably makes much more since than my packed shelves (see below) and maybe one day I can bare to part with some and try to make art too. But, that’s a big fat maybe!





No comments:

Post a Comment