Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Urban Cowgirl


I'll admit it. I've always had a thing for the western look a la cowboy boots, pearlized snap button shirts, and fringe. So I did an inner dance of joy when the trend hit the Spring 2010 runways (think D&G and BE&D's handbags), but the New Yorker in me couldn't give in to fully fringe-ing out--athough I'm kind of still kicking myself for not buying those $40 fringe cowboy boots at the Brooklyn Flea. But what I can surrender to is a Sissy-inspired, perfectly pretty face: pink lips and cheeks; sheer, natural eyeshadow; and a lot of lashes.











































Chanel Sheer Colour Lips Shine SPF 15 in Bondi ($29), chanelusa.com. Bobbi Brown California Coral Pot Rouge ($22), bobbibrown.com. Nars cream eyeshadow in Cayenne ($22), narscosmetics.com. MAC Studio Fix Lash mascara ($13), maccosmetics.com. (Debra Winger/Urban Cowboy image via therealrevo.com. Product images via Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, Mac)

2 comments:

  1. oooh i just got that MAC mascara and i think i'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to try this look out!!!!

    ReplyDelete