Friday, May 21, 2010

A Masked Affair

I recently attended the KCD Fall 2010 press preview and came home with a tote full of look books. While sorting through I came across the Mulberry show folder and tied neatly around it, was an alluring matching mask. Instant “Awesome”!

I have always had a love of masks; the dark mystery behind it is what draws me in. The fascination started with the ballroom scene in Labyrinth, then many years later, amazing features in fashion magazines (some almost re-enacting Truman Capote’s Black and White Ball) and now it’s resurfacing in pop culture with Lady Gaga showing up at the MOMA in a spiked number. I'm glade to see the mystery live on…


Mulberry Fall 2010


Labyrinth ballroom scene


Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott photographs from W Magazine


Penelope Tree at Truman Capote's Black and White Ball


Diane Kruger editorial


Lady Gaga in Alexis Bittar

No comments:

Post a Comment